Hot questions in this board:
Hot questions in other boards:
Block Chain Technology in Health Care
Blockchain will :
- Minimize ability for healthcare and medical drugs records and manufacturing supply chain manipulation and counterfeiting,
- Ensure patient himself and his health record authencity,
- Reduce medical mistakes , as every patient has his unique chain record, which is better than just Name, birthdate identifier
• Blockchain technology can effectively control the flow of original medicine from manufacturer to consumer, effectively weeding out counterfeit medicine and also keeping a track of stolen medicine. So, it improves accountability by holding everyone in the chain responsible and also able to pin point any leakages.
• The hospital network running on blockchain based platform can be immune to external malware/ransomware threats. Thus it ensures continuity in service and is specially of importance as patients well being are on the line.
• The patients can also keep a track of all their medical records and avoid medical mistakes especially while transferring from one place to another.
• The blockchain application might reduce both the cost and delivery of drugs to the patients, especially in the developing world.