Hot questions in this board:
Hot questions in other boards:
Education has been the mantra for many years - and we can never exclude education. So I will not include that in the top three since education is a constant given.
The top three areas businesses should be focused on this year with there diversity initiatives are:
1) Walk the talk. Top management should set the tone and be role models. They need to sponsor the initiatives and be strong role models.
2) Reward. Ensure that the reward systems reinforce the wanted behavior.
3) Monitor and adjust practices. Follow-up and monitor and adjust initiatives if progress is not happening. E.g., review recruitment and promotion practices.
What are the top three areas businesses should be focused on this year with there diversity initiatives?
In my view:
- How they as a business consider the quality of life they desire in response to their duty of meeting the requirements of society...
- How to contribute to planetary viability...
- Consider what they will do when their product / service is no longer needed...
Diversity is an element of good management, not the only area of focus however. Being pulled pillar-to-post and back again is not healthy for the organization nor its personnel. We need to seek the new balance as managers or leaders to avoid dropping the many balls juggled in any given day.