R&D Professional with over 30 years experience:
- 20 + years in industry (Food Safety, Medical Device,Diagnostics, Consumer Products (Automotive, Personal Care and Cosmetic)
- 7 years in academia (Michigan State University, University of Utah)
-Product Development, Business Development, and Commercialization expertise in highly regulated industries (FDA, EPA)
- Expert grant/contract writer, grant manager, Principal Investigator - over $1M funding awards via SBIR Phase I, Phase II awards (NSF, USDA), National Dairy Board, and contracts with large Pharma companies. Grant awards for diagnostic development to detect sulfonamides based on PhD dissertation!
- Peer reviewed publications (journal articles,book chapters) - publications still cited as foundational publications in the field of immunoassay development for agricultural applications
- Microbiology expertise - (PhD in Microbiology); Enhancing microbial growth (vaccines, recombinant proteins); Killing microbes (antibacterial sanitizers for automotive interior surfaces); Detecting microbial products/metabolites/antimicrobials; Microbial ingress (medical devices). Microbial cell culture, biofermentation expertise.
- Antibody/Hybridoma Production Expert - nickname "The Monoclonal Mama"
-Immunoassay development/validation expert - especially with small molecules (immunochemistry)
- Strong writing skills - publications, web site content, SOPs, protocols, grants/contract applications, reports, etc